In view of this, the government has released guidelines around exemption from restrictions by applying for Epass online. While some categories of people will be able to move to the city on basis of their ID card, others involved in the essential services will need an e-pass. Epass can be applied for till 10th May 2021 only.
Online Epass not required for:
- Pregnant women and
On production of Doctor’s prescription/medical papers / On production of valid I card patients for getting medical/health services along with attendant.
- On production of valid I card All private medical personnel such as doctors, nursing staff, paramedical, etc. and other hospital services (such as hospitals, diagnostic centres, clinics, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies, medical oxygen suppliers and other medical & health services including incidental services/activities such as supply of medical instruments & consumables, sanitation, security etc.) .
- On production of valid ticket Person coming from/going to Airports/Railway stations/ISBTs allowed to travel .
- On production of valid Admit card Persons/students to appear in examination
- On production of valid I card Examination staff deployed for exam duties
- On production of valid I card / Service ID Card / Photo Entry Passes / Permission Letters issued by the court administration All Judicial officers / officials / staff members of all courts of Delhi (Hon’ble Supreme Court of India / Hon’ble High Court of Delhi / District Courts / Tribunals).
- On production of valid I card Officers/officials related to functioning of offices of Diplomats of various countries as well as persons holding any constitutional post.
- On production of valid I card Electronic and Print Media.
- On production of valid I card Officers / officials of Government of India, its Autonomous/Subordinate offices and PSUs, as per the restrictions imposed by Government of India.
- On production of valid I card
Officers/officials of GNCT of Delhi/Autonomous Bodies/Corporations involved in emergency services such as
- Health and Family Welfare and all related medical establishments,
- Police, Prisons, Home Guards, Civil Defence, Fire and emergency services
- District Administration, Pay & Account Office, GAD
- Electricity, Water and Sanitation,
- Public Transport (Air/Railways/Delhi Metro/Buses) including all incidental services/activities essential for smooth functioning of all modes of public transport (such as handling of cargo, ticketing, air freight station, CFS, ICD etc.).
- Disaster Management and related services,
- NIC, NCC and Municipal services, and all other essential services.
- Inter-state and intra-state movement/transportation of essential goods.
Who requires an e-pass?
- Shops dealing with food, groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy & milk booths, meat & fish, animal fodder, pharmaceuticals, opticians, medicines and medical equipment, newspapers distribution.
- Banks, Insurance offices and ATMs, SEBI/ Stock related offices.
- Telecommunications, Internet services, Broadcasting and Cable services, IT and IT-enabled services.
- Delivery of all essential goods including food, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment through e-commerce.
- Petrol pumps, LPG, CNG, petroleum and gas retail and storage outlets. Water supply, Power generation, transmission and distribution units and services. • Cold storage and warehousing services.
- Private security services. Manufacturing units of essential commodities.
- Manufacturing units of non-essential commodities having onsite workers
- Production units or services, which require a continuous process.
- Delivery of food by way of home delivery, take away by restaurants or eateries.
- Contract Workers/employees engaged for Govt/ Emercency duties
- Courier services
- Services provided by self-employed persons-electrician, plumbers and repairing of water purifiers
- Shops for educational books for students
- Shops of Electric Fans
How to apply for e-pass?
- Go to e-pass portal of Delhi government: https://epass.jantasamvad.org/epass/init/
- Click on the link to apply for e-pass
- Enter your name, contact number, district, among others, and upload a government ID proof.
- Submit a letter from the employer or establishment.
- Click on ‘Submit’. Upon submitting the form, an e-pass number will be generated (7-digit)(Sample screenshot attached below).
- After the confirmation of the e-pass, the applicant will receive an SMS. The e-pass can be downloaded on the mobile or a hard copy can be taken.
Epass Online Status Check
To check the status for epass online, go to “https://epassdocs.epass.jantasamvad.org/epass/status/” and enter the 7-digit e-pass ID to check status.
Important Notice Regarding Epass Online
If you already hold a curfew ePass(inclusive of Night/Weekend curfew ePasses), you DO NOT have to re-apply. Your ePass shall automatically be considered valid till may 10, 2021.
- Delhi High Court Warns, Will ‘Hang’ For Obstructing Oxygen Supplies
- GST Latest Notifications: GSTR-1 And 3B Can Be Filed Through EVC